Monday 1 July 2013

July 2013 Challenge 3 - A Regal/Romantic Mood Board by Keren Tamir





Hello there friends of Scrap Around The World!  

Thank you so much for your support, sharing your awesome talent with us & for your comments!  Keeping in touch with us means so much - we love hearing from you, because we want this site to cater for YOU therefore your feedback is invaluable to us!

We are especially grateful to the winner/features & honourable mentions that take the time to comment & thank us for our efforts.  Human beings thrive on positive feedback!!  (Although of course we will take your negative, constructive criticism into account too LOL) but please bear in mind that what we do here is non-profit! (so not too harsh please!) LOL!!

On with the show - Reveal 3 ...We present you with our exquisite mood board for July, created by talented Design Team member Keren Tamir, together with a lovely sketch from our resident sketch designer, Jules McKenna-De Lumen!


All you need to do is be inspired by the mood board (in ANY way) & use our sketch as your starting point.  

No need to tell us HOW the board inspired you if it is OBVIOUS, otherwise please let us know 
a couple of lines explanation is all that is vital for us).

How to use our mood boards

Our mood boards are for your INSPIRATION only.  
You can be inspired by one of the images, all of the images, or any number of them, or even parts thereof. 

For example:- on this board you may be inspired by the colours (either all of them or just one, two or more) but you do not have to use any colours on the board if you don't want to.  Other aspects of the mood board that could inspire you are, for example, the pleating/draping of the curtains, the soft organza type fabric, the chandelier, flower clusters, wood(from the table) the green from the grass, the misty background in the first image that could prompt the use of vellum or baking paper, hearts, ribbon, rafia, wreath elements, keys, clear elements, 'door-knob' type embellishments, corsets, dress-forms, floral vines, moulded resin embellishments & frames!

It's entirely up to you!  Be Inspired in any way!!


How to use our sketches

As you would any other sketch.  We would like to see that it definitely inspired you & was your 'starting point' but you can 'make it your own' by flipping it, turning it, inverting it & moving things about if you like.  You can also change the photo orientation and number of photos to be as few or as many as you like.

The above image MUST appear on the blog post containing your challenge entry -you also need to mention that you are playing along with the current challenge at Scrap Around The World & link up to it please,

Please link to your ACTUAL POST - not to your entire blog - to do this you need to CLICK ON THE TITLE OF YOUR BLOG POST then copy & paste that entire URL into the linky tool {you will notice that it is your blog address but it contains an extension}. 

THIS IS REALLY IMPORTANT, along with DISABLING WORD VERIFICATION. If you are concerned about SPAM please change your settings to enable Comment Moderation instead rather. We CANNOT GUARANTEE to find your layout or to comment on it if you do not help us out here so please.... ;-p 


Keren is our challenge host this month & will be monitoring the comments section of this post & answering any questions you may have - also directly in the comments section, but please read our 'Rules of Play' first as that should tell you everything you need to know :)

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Now for some amazing inspiration from the design team!

'Forever' by Keren Tamir

I loved creating this mood board and as I've never scrapped a photo of my wedding before & thought it would be perfect for this challenge!  I scanned the photograph & converted it to black and white. I was inspired by the white and silver elements on the mood board {and of course all the floral elements!} so used lots of flowers to embellish my layout.  Lastly I added a candelabra inspired by the chandelier in the first image.



'Always' by Agnieszka Bellaidea


 I was truly inspired by the washed white  tones of the mood board.  I found the perfect embellishments, in the form of  chipboard elements, keys & doilies, which I painted off- white before decorating with flowers & foliage . I used a mask with a regal 'feel' to it (in keeping with the images on the mood board) & added pearls for a romantic touch.  


'On Wings of Love' by Eila Sandberg

I immediately fell in love with the ornate gables, the shimmering gold & the delicate & romantic feel of the mood board. The photo of the dreamy view through the draped whispy curtains (in the first image on the mood board) reminded me of the photo I used 
(courtesy of Mrs Brigitte Grenfeldt.) . I used lots of translucent golds plus hints of soft green on my as well as butterflies inspired by the sketch.


'Forever' by Juraci Falcucci 

As soon as I saw the mood board I immediately thought of weddings, love, lace & flowers!  It led me to create with pale colours using masks with modelling paste in the background. The photo was taken at a wedding we attended recently (not our own!)  What a beautiful mood board & so easy to design with.  The sketch also inspired me to add a pretty butterfly!


'Be you, Be Magical' by Kasia Tomaszewska 

 I was inspired by all the amazing textures of the mood board & set out to create a mostly monochromatic page with some splashes of pastels, full of dimension, tactile beauty & a romantic feel - just like the board :) I followed the sketch quite literally as it was so lovely!  My title was inspired by the stars from it - that filled my head with magical thoughts about my life's dreams!  Of course I added a butterfly & some flowers too!!

'Daydream' by Gayle Price

I LOVED creating with this mood board!  I was inspired by all the beautiful fabric, with it's soft folds, so I have included some tulle, muslin & lace on my page. The distressed frames in the last image on the board prompted me to use part of an ornate picture frame & the metal keys inspired me to use metal flowers that I then embossed to add texture. The sketch is perfect so I followed it exactly.


'Dare to dream' by Alexandra Polyzou

 As soon as I saw this beautiful mood board I thought of my wedding!  I was inspired by all the romantic elements, pale tones & especially the different textures, so I used various patterned papers, beads, washi tape, gesso masking & stitching on my background. I added gauze & broderie anglaise for even more texture plus flowers of course!  I added touches of luxe gold & butterflies from the sketch.


'That a boy' by Christin Grønnslett

I was inspired by the texture of the mood board & used fabric as my  photo mat, together with a crocheted doily plus some pretty flowers of course!  I also used a  paper doily at the side of my layout, plus some pretty bling, all in keeping with the soft, romantic feel of the board.  I added a touch of blue/green inspired by the tint in the last photo on the board, which also prompted my choice of background paper.


'Always Together' by Jessy Christopher

I based my layout loosely on the sketch - I was really inspired by the hexagons! I white washed my papers to keep the colours soft & pastel & used touches of gold by adding strips of metallic washi tape.  Of course flowers & pearls were a must, as were a few butterflies thanks to the sketch!


'Beautiful' by Anupama Choudary


My primary inspiration came from the shabby chic dress form on the mood board & I just had to create my own version of it, complete with flowers, bling & foliage!  I interpreted the chandelier as a hanging birdcage, which I stamped together with a scattering of stars (inspired by the sketch), which I loved, & inspired the use of my washi tape elements & hexagons too.



'Friends' by Leonie Neal-Dawson

I was totally inspired by one particular image on the mood board...can you guess which one?!  I absolutely adored the wood grain texture & the blueish colour tint in the last image, so I created my own wood grain, white-washed background using crackle medium...fun!!  As mum to 3 sons & one daughter I revelled in the opportunity to use all things pretty - flowers, lace & pastel colours :)


'Love Birds' by Helen Tilbury

I was TOTALLY inspired by this mood board, in general!  I've been desperate to use this photo of my daughter & her boyfriend for about a year now so I seized the opportunity & went with the gold - as the photo was taken at sunset & had a golden glow to it (which I boosted up a bit too!)  No mixed media on this at all as I felt the textures were enough :)  I loved the bold sketch & stuck to it despite adding an extra image for impact.


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Onto our prizes & sponsors for this challenge!

Our design team votes on all entries, thus selecting a winner & 3 features.

A random winner is also drawn. 

There will always be a prize for the Merit Winner & the Random Winner.

If we get lucky there will be prizes for the featured layouts too!

This month we are again blessed with 5 PRIZES!!

We have prizes for the Merit & Random winner AND for all 3 features!!!

AS WELL as winning our first prize, 

the winner will be invited back as Guest Designer for the next challenge.

Our challenges are open to everyone, anywhere in the world
 & all this month's prizes include FREE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING!!

This month our merit winner will receive the June Kit 'Dreams in Pastel' 
from C'est Magnifique Kit Club, full of Maja Design's new papers, '
'Vintage Spring Basics' plus lots of Prima loveliness...


Wow!!  It looks AWESOME!!!

2nd place will receive paper collection 'Vintage Memories' from Polish company Studio 75!
See their full range here in their online store.

Company Shop

"We are dedicated to bring you happiness & satisfaction with every moment spent with scrapbooking items by Studio 75. We know that keeping your experiences positive is very important for you so we prepare our papers and embellishments with care for every single detail. Our Designers put their heart & soul into their work so we can offer you items that spark your imagination & give you endless pleasure - papers, tags, stamps, charms, chipboard, art journals, album bases & more!"


3rd place will receive a $25 chipboard prize-pack from
Scrapmatts Chipboard in Australia,
containing a selection of their latest releases!


Australian Made Laser Cut Chipboard to compliment your scrapbook pages, 
cards & paper-crafting projects. Scrapmatts has a Ning site that showcases an 
amazing talented international design team who post daily on the blog there, 
a Gallery, customer challenges & an online store. Come join in the fun here!

CB5102 Window 02  CB5111 Layered Fob Watch 02 

Above is just an example of some of the awesome products they stock HERE.

4th place will receive a $15 prize-pack of your choice from Purple Pumpkin!


SHOP HERE

Purple Pumpkin manufactures high-quality embellishments of a fun & funky nature!
They are an Australian based mother/daughter team & create wonderful additions to your pages, which can be found in their online store HERE.  They specialize in fabric buttons, handmade flowers, resin, twine & washi tape.  They have a great blog that is constantly active & they hold monthly challenges open to all, with Guest Designer positions up for grabs as well as awesome prizes of Purple Pumpkin loveliness!!
If you are not yet acquainted with their awesomeness check them out HERE.

Our random winner will receive this prize pack of assorted goodies kindly donated by Keren!


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

The deadline for this challenge is midnight EST Thursday 25th July 2013.

Please link your entries into our sidebar using our Inlinkz tool &
  don't forget to read our RULES OF PLAY before you begin.

Please play along - our success depends on YOU!

Remember to please leave some love before you go - 
we would love to read your thoughts on our new challenge!




24 comments:

Ella Swan said...

Absolutely stunning layouts ladies - you make me sooooo happy! I have stared at these for hours on end already (whilst preparing this post LOL) & still I'm finding more & more awesome little details on everyone's pages!! You totally rocked this challenge - THANK YOU!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful mood board and even more beautiful inspiration pages by everyone♥

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

O dear, this is a great challenge!!!! I want to run to my scraptable and start immediately. Love it!

Helen Wallace said...

A softly elegant mood board and superb examples from the resident Artist....I'm sure this month will attract dozens of entries :)

Unknown said...

Wonderful mood board and sketch! Stunning, inspiring examples by the dt! Will HAVE TO play along again this month!

scrapsylz said...

*sigh* absolutely breathtaking moodboard and DT creations! I'm off, looking for the picture perfect!

Linda Eggleton said...

Gorgeous mood board and stunning layouts, ladies....so much inspiration here <3
Hoping to play along again this month :)

Heather Jacob said...

wow stunning and breathtaking ... loveeeeeeeeeeeee this months challenge .. cant wait to get started xoxoox

Gribouillette said...

Absolument magnifique ! Merci

Nicole H-b said...

Waoooooooo gorgeous layouts felicitations to all ladies and thanks for this challenge ..I love it !!!!!!!!

Sabrina Scrapbook said...

DT layouts are all truly inspiring! Like I said I fell in love with the mood board. The vintage frame is my fav thing. Lastly, I love the sponsors! ;)

Anonymous said...

I always love seeing everyone's projects!! Great post:):):)

Anonymous said...

*siiiigh* ... how utterly dreamy! And what exquisite work from your DT. It never ceases to amaze me how differently the same inspiration can be interpreted!
I look forward to tackling this one!
:-)

Katie said...

Beautiful layouts this month so much detail.

Svjetlana said...

Awesome challenge and the layouts. I didn't have a time to take part last months but I am definitely doing this one. The page is already WIP.

stampingbowd said...

Gorgeous layouts! So much inspiration! The Mood board is so fun and romantic! I hope I get to play in your challenge this month!

Unknown said...

This is my favorite mood board yet!! Ladies, your take on the board and sketch are delightful!

Misiówa i Spółka:-) said...

hello. Congratulations Great blog. It's very interesting what you're saying, this is a beautiful picture. We salute you :)

Marília Lopes said...

DT layouts are all fabulous!!!!

Unknown said...

I can't find the linky tool :( is this because i'm useless or is it actually not to be found?

Ella Swan said...

Hi Susie, the linky tool is in the sidebar underneath all the links (on the right) Just scroll down as it says on the top of the sidebar on the right...

Anja said...

Oh my! Just stumbled upon this challenge-site and i love it!! Those moodboards look awesome!
I'm definitely going to try and play along!

Giorgia Rossini said...

just linked mine, I loved this moodboard, it was the occasion to try shabby style... something new for me :)
thank you!